Friday, October 24, 2008

indoor? outdoor?

While I have been sitting here on my couch my three legged cat Indy was eyeing a squirrel outside. So, being a nice kitty mom I decided to let him go out and explore. He and Talouse walked around in the back yard a little bit. I left David in charge of them while I went and started some of Ainsley's laundry and when I got back they were both inside. I assumed Indy was the first one back in - but David said that even though Indy was the one who started meowing Talouse was the one who came in first :)

They are pretty funny. I would actually love it if they could be indoor/outdoor cats - but I have seen so many cats roaming around in my own back yard that it makes me nervous. Being indoor cats their whole lives they are pretty naive in the ways of other cats. I think they would probably get their asses handed to them if they ever got in a fight.

The other concern is if we do put in a cat door I am 97% sure this big grey cat I have seen will just waltz right in. He comes right up to the slider and looks in here like he belongs.... Something to think about.... If I got the one that is activated by those collars they would surely lose them and essentially be locked out....

What they need is a nice private outdoor area with things for them to look at and chase :)

2 comments:

♥ Ms. Rosenthal said...

You should totally invent a nice big kitty play-yard - we can add it to our list of inventions to sell at our invention store.

The Game Log said...

hey, i've been wanting a play area for years... just never gotten around to it. I think you should make a tunnel from your house to the shed and turn the shed into their hideaway. That's what i would do.