Wednesday, August 27, 2008

time zones and babies



Ainsley and I came to Hawaii last minute and we are having a fabulous time. The only weird part of our day is being in a different time zone.... The first time we traveled with Ainsley it was the other direction - three hours later. I remember talking to my mom about it being hard on Ainsley and she told me - babies don't know anything about our arbitrary time zones. She didn't know how right she was.

Ainsley usually gets up around 7 and goes to bed around 8 at home. It took a couple of days to adjust when we got here, but now she is on her regular schedule. But not in this time zone! She is still on our Seattle time zone which is 3 hours earlier!!!!

The last 2 nights she has gone to bed at 5 and 5:15, and the last 2 mornings she has gotten up at 3:40 and 3:50 (am). I am trying to stay on the same time zone with her so I have been going to bed around 9, but it is still weird to get up 2 hours before the sun!


She takes her first nap around 6 am (which is really 9) :)



Here's Ainsley napping - I thought it was a cute position so I couldn't resist. Luckily the flash didn't wake her up.

Hopefully we will just continue right along using our Pacific time zone in Hawaii so we don't have to do too much adjusting when we get home. We're keeping our fingers crossed for the red-eye flight on the way home....

1 comment:

♥ Ms. Rosenthal said...

She looks HUGE in that picture - her legs just look super long! Cute!!!